Historic Marker 03 – First | Previous Picture | Next Picture | Thumbnails | Home | Back
COURTHOUSE ARBORETUM
Washington Ave. at County Courthouse
Greenville MS

In 1895, Dr. Orville Blanton, son of Harriet Blanton Theobald, "the Mother of Greenville," designed and planted an arboretum on the grounds of the Washington County courthouse featuring native specimens. The Greenville Garden Club, recognized as the state's first garden club, has served as curator since 1948.

Marker