Historic Marker 15 – First | Previous Picture | Next Picture | Thumbnails | Home | Back
HAMPTON PLANTATION
Jct. of Hwy. 1 & 436
Washington Co. MS

Purchased in 1840's by Hampton family. In 1850s, 60s, & 70s operated by and at intervals was residence of Wade Hampton III, distinguished CSA General and first governor of S.C. after reconstruction.

Marker