Historic Marker 16 – First | Previous Picture | Next Picture | Thumbnails | Home | Back
HARRIET BLANTON THEOBALD PARK
City Park at Poplar & Nelson Sts.
Greenville MS

Named for an early settler of Greenville who donated 47.5 acres to help rebuild the city after the Civil War. In 1878, nearly 300 yellow fever victims were buried here in the original city cemetery. Remains were later reinterred in other cemeteries.

Marker