Historic Marker 33 – First | Previous Picture | Next Picture | Thumbnails | Home | Back
NEW JERUSALEM M.B. CHURCH
518 Gum Street
Greenville MS

New Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church was formed from the old Jerusalem Church and was founded here by Rev. Walter A. Robinson in 1906, who was pastor until 1923. After withstanding the 1927 flood, a new church was built in 1951. In 1928, it was the first African American church to establish an usher board.

Marker