Historic Marker 35 – First | Previous Picture | Next Picture | Thumbnails | Home | Back
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
402 Washington Ave.
Greenville MS

Established in the early 1830s when Mrs. Harriett Blanton Theobald opened her home to Methodist circuit riders, this congregation was accepted into the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, in 1844. The First United Methodist Church is the oldest organized church in the city of Greenville.

Marker