Washington County Courthouse
April 9, 2013
- 6:07 p.m. meeting called to order
- Roll Call of Commissioners: Walley Morse, Emmett Smith, Jessie Williams, Netty Seard, and Barry Piltz, were present. Leonard Williams, Cary Karlson, (absent). Rebecca Goodman, and Dell Jones were excused.
- Recognize Guest: Al Brock, (Greenville Main Street) Sarah Kramer, (DDT Reporter)
- Minutes from March 12 reviewed.
- Commissioner Netty Seard stated that she is willing to put all efforts into working and supporting the commission objectives.
- The Department of Archives and History is doubtful if the status at 727 Washington Ave. can be changed at this time from a non-contributing building to a contributing building in the Historic District.
- Wally gave an update on the Y & MV Depot status. A tabulation of points determined that Belinda Stewart Architects will lead in the depot rehabilitation.
- Hollandale will have its Historical District review by the Department of Archives and History before the years end.
- The Committee set the forum for April 9th to decide if Mr. Pollard, whose property is located at 643 Washington Avenue, could meet the standards or give some reason for his delay in answering the letters that had been sent. Mr. Pollard did not show for the forum. He did contact Walley Morse the next day to express his willingness to work with the commission and bring his property up to the historic districts standards.
- Russell Archer has the plans for the courthouse and additions. Hopefully, we are now on track for getting the Courthouse added to the National Register.
- Barry stated that he did not have the authority to select the architect for the Depot. Instead this responsibility was carried out by a collaborative committee, presented to the City Council and the Council made that decision.
- Al Brock stated that he was willing to work with the owner of 643 Washington Ave. to help bring the building up to standards for the Historic District.
- Bank Statement was reviewed.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- The Commission has to get the City Engineer, Lorenzo Andersonís OK on the sign placement for the Downtown District and the old Residential District.
- Meeting adjourned until May14, 2013.