Washington County Courthouse
September 10, 2013
- 6:15 p.m. meeting called to order
- Roll call of Commissioners: Walley Morse, Barry Piltz, Jessie Williams, Rebecca Goodman, Netty Seard were present with Emmett Smith, Leonard Williams, Dell Jones and Cary Karlson being absent.
- Guests recognized: None
- Minutes from August 13, reviewed
- Walley made a request for the Commission to purchase four signs for the new Downtown District, four signs for the Main/ Washington Residential District and a large sign going to the entrance to the downtown district on Washington Avenue. The commission will ask Brad Jones if he would help with the placement.
- Rebecca made a motion to put the signs up and pay Lonnie Looper for putting pictures of businesses made by Walley on the website showing them to be contributing or non-contributing buildings. Netty seconded the motion, the motion was carried.
- Greg Clause (assistant to the Mayor) said all contracts for the Depot had been signed. The departments will meet and collaborate on the usage of funds from the grant for the future and growth of our city and county. The EDC will also consider this to be their home base.
- The EDC will work strictly with the interior portion of the Depot with their allocated portion of the grant funds.
- We, the City of Greenville and Washington County are both units of Municipal and County government, therefore cannot be certified jointly but must recertify for CLG status individually. The Commission will recertify and look forward to the update.
- Bank statement reviewed.
- Barry stated that Mr.Dadlani was doing an excellent job on his building at 301 Washington Avenue.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Meeting adjourned until October 8, 2013