Washington County Courthouse
May 13, 2014
- 6:00 p.m. meeting called to order
- Roll Call of Commissioners: Barry Piltz, Walley Morse, Rebecca Goodman and Jessie Williams were present, with Benjy Nelken, Dell Jones, Netty Seard, Leonard Williams and Cary Karlson being absent. No Quorum present so nothing binding will occur.
- Recognize Guest: Will Coopage from Mayor's office.
- Review of minutes April 8, 2014
- Walley gave update on meeting with MDOT in Yazoo City, with Benjy Nelken and Brad Jones from City Works. Architect back on track and submitting paperwork to MDOT. Cost analysis had been done. Walley presented minutes from that meeting supplied by Craig.
- City Commission has planned a meeting May 27, 2014 at City Hall in City Council Chambers where Michelle Jones (MDAH) is supposed to give guidance on the Joint Commission and the next step in establishing a Greenville Historic Preservation Commission required under the new CLG requirements.
- The Historic District Markers for Hollandale were up, and Walley showed photos.
- The nominations for the Washington County Courthouse to the National Register were waiting on Hooker Engineering to do an evacuation plan, so we could use that in the nomination.
- Bank statement was reviewed.
- ndy Alexander was working with the architect on the right-of-way for the depot required by MDOT.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- CLG status for Washington County still pending.
- Meeting adjourned until June 10, 2014.