Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
October 13, 2015
- 11:00 a.m. meeting called to order
- Roll Call of Commissioners: Benjy Nelken, Barry Piltz, Mary Williams, Cary Karlson and Jessie Williams
- Recognize Guests: Walley Morse and Brad Jones
- Minutes from September 8, 2015 reviewed
- Benjy suggested that two signatures be placed on the checking account for the Greenville Historic Preservation Commission.
- Bank Statement was reviewed.
- Walley suggested that $100.00 be sent to Lonnie Looper for GHPC website and updates with JGWCHPC.com for the fiscal year.
- The City Council and the GHPC agreed to help find bids for the Depot.
- There will be a walkthrough of the Depot on November 3rd at 1:00 p.m.
- Brad talked about the status of and the total bid for the project.
- Belinda Stewart, the architect, will give an update after rebidding is done on the project.
- Walley suggested options be given for a base bid, changing some of the materials.
- Brad suggested that the Commission also take a look at the bid for the inside walls, interior windows, maybe change windows, or make minor changes around the windows and any change necessary to complete the task.
- To update, we may ask for more bidders on the project.
- It was stated that the bidders should show and answer questions presented by the Commission members.
- Jessie asked what procedures should be taken after the Commission supported the building and grounds of a place applying to become a historic landmark? Benjy stated that there was no monetary support when a city accepts a building as a Historic Landmark. Therefore the next move would be to apply to the state.
- Walley stated that WEBSITE materials should be sent to Lonnie and Benjy.
- Cary stated that we should look for other bids in order to decrease the total price of the project.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Meeting adjourned until November 10, 2015.