Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
November 10, 2015
- 11:00 a.m. Meeting called to order
- Roll Call of Commissioners: Benjy Nelken, Barry Piltz, Mary Williams, Cary Karlson and Jessie Williams.
- Recognize Guests: None
- Bank Statement Reviewed.
- Minutes from October 13, 2015 read, approved and adopted.
- Jessie was asked research the basic owner of the Depot.
- To whom will the rent belong?
- To whom is the Depot deeded?
- Who is responsible for the upkeep of the Depot?
- What is the total amount that has been paid to Belinda Stewart up to this time? $41,000 has been paid to Belinda up to this time
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- How many contractors did we apply? There were four general contractors
- Barry asked if the original builder could lower his prices?
- David Smith, out of Greenwood worked with the apartment project.
- Bill Borkins, with Livat Contractor subbed out the work to other contractors to complete the projects.
- The prices were high because of all the primary procedures.
- There are other projects around town to be refurbished such as The Old Elks Club Building.
- Cary stated that the contractors had to meet certain specifications in order to get the contract for a project.
- Craig Bjoigham became the lead architect for the project.
- Meeting adjourned until December 8, 2015