Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
January 12, 2016
- 11:00 a.m. Meeting called to order
- Roll call of Commissioners:
- Recognize Guest: Walley Morse
- Minutes from December 8 read and approved
- Bank Statement reviewed
- The commission stated that because the contractor did not have license to perform the job, timing was delayed on the project. It will take six weeks to qualify and the procedure for restoration will continue.
- Proceeds from the use of the Depot according to the City Attorney: The EDC/Chambers will pay $750.00 per month rent to EDC. for the benefit of the Joint Historic Commission
- The Commission will send a letter of recommendation to the city for 639 Central as a proposed local landmark. The motion was made by Mary Williams and seconded by Barry.
- Walley is considering writing about the depot and its restoration.
- The Commission is considering writing on the history of the Sears building whose owner is Bill Barkins.
- Benjy asked Mary to work on the history of the Sears building.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Mary’s progress with the Sears project
- Jessie Progress with the landmark at 639 Central
- Meeting adjourned until February 9, 2016