Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
April 12, 2016
- 11:00 a.m. meeting called to order.
- Roll call of commissioners: Benjy Nelken, Mary Williams, Barry Piltz and Cary Karlson. Jessie williams was absent.
- Recognize guest: None
- Minutes from March 8, 2016 read
- It was stated that the Archives and History Grants were extended for one more year.
- The contract for the Depot was dropped off and signed.
- 60-90% of the of the contract procedures have been signed by the inspector.
- The administrative contractors will notify the Public Works Director who will work with the office of the County and the City.
- Determine who will be responsible for receiving the funds taken in by the Depot because it is owned by the County and the City.
- Andy Alexander stated that the ownership of The Depot needs to remain as is and an MOU should be written to reflect the 50% ownership of each, the City and the County.
- The new MOU will state who will collect the funds, and that the Greenville Historic Preservation will be the administrator for the Depot once it's completed and the money will be placed in the GHPC’s account.
- Funds will also be used to maintain the Website. If funds are low the City will help support.
— Minutes done by Benjy Nelken
- Benjy is in the process of adding to the Greenville Museum on Washington Ave. Jessie is also applying for the property at 639 Central to become a MS Landmark Designation for a Museum.
- Meeting adjourned until May 10, 2016