Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
July 12, 2016
- 11:00 a.m. Meeting called to order.
Roll Call of the Commissioners: Benjy Nelken, Mary Williams, Jessie Williams. Barry Piltz and Cary Karlson were absent.
- Recognize guest(s): None
- Minutes from June 14, 2016 read and adopted
- Bank Statement Reviewed
- The update on the Estill Church is that the building does have some notable history on the local level. However it does not have Significance on the national level.
- Brad has been working with the documents from MDOT for the Depotís finished details.
- Brad is also working to add the significant historic signs along the Levee identifying some of the sites. Some examples are Warfield Point Park, Chicago Mill, C&G and two African American Churches such as Mount Nebo and St. Paul M. B. Churches.
- The Levee Trail will be stopped at the Levee.
- Update on the Fire Station at the present—it does not have heating or air conditioning.
- Status on the Grant Writer is still unknown.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Status on the Federal Court House is still in question.
- Meeting Adjourned until August 9, 2016