Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
October 11, 2016
- 11:00 a.m. Meeting called to order.
- Roll Call of the Commissioners: Benjy Nelken, and Mary Williams. Jessie Williams, Barry Piltz and Cary Karlson were absent.
Meeting lacked a quorum.
- Recognize guest: Brad Jones
- Minutes from the September meeting were read and approved.
- Bank Statement Reviewed.
- Bank account was changed from Joint Greenville Washington Count Historic Preservation Commission to Greenville Historic Preservation Commission.
- Maggie Steward recently made an inspection of the Depot. James Dykes, formerly of Cleveland, will do the daily inspection.
- Brad Jones helped with the removal of the printing machine from the attic. Printer, dated from the 1800ís, will be stored for future use.
- The Commission was advised that EDC voted not to accept the Depot because there was not enough space for future plans and meetings.
- Mayor is trying to obtain a new grant writer as of last Tuesday, September 6th. Applications were made available.
- Mary Williams gave an update on the Sears Building, renaming it The Loft. Opening is set for spring of 2017.
- Benjy asked Mary to photograph the stages of renovation of the Depot .
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Result of finding a new grant writer.
- Meeting adjourned until November 8, 2016