Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
November 8 , 2016
- 11:00 a.m. Meeting called to order.
- Roll Call of Commissioners: Benjy Nelken, Barry Piltz, Mary Williams, and Jessie Williams. Cary Karlson was absent.
- Recognize Guests: Brad Jones, Maggie Bjorgum, and Kendrick Gears
- Minutes from November meeting were read and adopted.
- Bank Statement Reviewed.
- Kendrick Gears, of Gears Construction, gave an update on the progress at the Depot. Gears said that work on the building's infrastructure is moving smoothly and completion will possibly be on schedule for March. Gears stated that the roof, which is over fifty years old, must be treated in a delicate manner because of the materials used. He also stated that hopefully, with some work, the air conditioner can be used.
- Maggie Bjorgum, project manager for the Depot, stated that she does not foresee any problems that would detain the progress of the project.
- The site inspector resigned because of some other commitments and will be replaced.
- The Commission will erect a fence in certain locations at the Depot, if need be.
- Brad moved the old printing press to be stored at the City Barn.
- The City Grant writer is Tommy Goodwin with South Delta.
- Benjy will ask South Delta to write a grant for the Old Fire Station.
- Mary gave an update on the progress of the “The Loft” and the Down Town Grill.
- Jessie ask who headed the CLG of Greenville, Barry and Benjy said they thought it was Carol Williams. Williams said she was not.
- Benjy said the old sign on the Depot was grandfathered in, and we will keep it at this time. However, the Commission will wait until we get a new tenant and talk about a change if need be.
- Jessie asked who writes the MOU’s or MOA’s for the City Projects. Brad said the City Attorney.
- Benjy asked if the Press had any questions The answer was no.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Work toward keeping the schedule for the depot.
- Follow up on the grant for the Fire Station.
- Follow up on the support and grant for Jessie, The Greenville Reflection and Youth Development Museum.
- Meeting adjourned until December 13, 2016.