Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
January 10, 2017
- 11:00 a.m. Meeting called to order
- Roll Call of Commissioners: Benjy Nelken, Barry Piltz, Mary Williams, Jessie Williams. Cary Karlson was absent.
- Recognize Guest: None
- Minutes were read and adopted from the December meeting.
- Bank Statement reviewed.
- Walley reported to Benjy that the Depot is progressing according to plan.
- Benjy stated that the City and County will decide who will market and lease the Depot premises. They will also be responsible for the MOU.
- The terms of the Commission should be listed in staggering order.
- Walley was not in the meeting but, he is working on several projects and grants. One is the Old Fire House, and he is also working with others for the Bicentennial grants.
- Benjy suggested that Jessie contact Tommy Goodwin, who is the city grant writer for assistance
- Benjy received an invitation from a publishing consultant, who wants to do a pictorial history to celebrate Mississippi’s Bicentennial. He missed the meeting but will meet at a later date.
- It was noted that Cary is sometimes absent because of other obligations.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Status on Grants
- Status on Bicentennial progress