Greenville Historic Preservation Commission
Greenville City Hall Council Chambers
August 8, 2017
- 11:00 a.m. Meeting called to order.
- Roll call of commisioners: Benjy Nelken, Barry Piltz, Mary Williams, Cary Karlson, and Jessie Williams
- Recognized visitor:
- July 11, 2017 minutes read and adopted.
- Bank Statement reviewed.
- We received the check invoice for the plaque. The amount paid was $1031.
- The money was paid to Godaddy for website that is used by Lonnie Looper.
- The Depot project is in its final stage of completion. The architect comes and checks out the project once a month.
- Benjy brought the proposed locations for the Court House, however he is not sure which will be chosen. He stated that the proposed project budget cost is $40,102,000.
- The estimated site budget is $2,500,000.
- Benjy will continue to inspect the Depot.
- Jessie asked if the $30,000 to $40,000 to be given by the city for the roof on the Depot is considered as new grant money.
- Benjy asked Mary about the progress on the Sears Building Scrapbook. She stated that she and Walley had collected pictures, however she had not been able to get in the building on her own. The committee suggested she continue work on the project.
— Minutes done by Jessie Williams, Secretary.
- Work will continue for the Bicentennial Celebration.
- Meeting adjourned until September 12, 2017