Unregistered Site 08 – First | Previous Picture | Next Picture | Thumbnails | Home | Back
WHITEHALL PLANTATION

519 Burdette Rd. off Old Hwy. 61
Between Leland and Arcola MS

History: John Elliott Branton came to Washington County in 1884 from Amelia County, Virginia. In 1902 he built a large home on Whitehall Plantation at Burdette. His wife was Carrie Bradley. His grandson, John Elliott III, and his second wife, Helen Pope, renovated Whitehall, probably in the 1970's.

Burdette was a popular railroad stop and Deer Creek shipping point for local planters. The home is currently in the Zepponi family.