Unregistered Site 14 – First | Previous Picture | Next Picture | Thumbnails | Home | Back
INDUSTRIAL COLLEGE

So. 8th Ave. & Spruce
Greenville MS

History: Dr. A. B. Bolden was president of the Baptist Convention when he founded the school in Kosciusko, then moved it to Greenville about 1915. After some relocations, it settled in Browns Addition and housed students in the two-story structure.

Dr. E. P. Brown, the first black doctor in Greenville, had bricks and lumber on the site, and the school bought 22 lots from him. The school offered a high school education to those who otherwise would not have been able to attend public schools.